Langsung ke konten utama

Hans Zimmer

Hello everybody!!! In this post, I'm going to introduce you The Man Behind Movies.

DO YOU LIKE TO WATCH MOVIES??

Action movies, science fiction movies, romantic movies or even comedic movies??
Can you imagine if they're no background music like when Cooper in Interstellar going out to the outer space stepping into the emptiness without background music?? Then we won't get the feeling like we were in the outer space. With great sound and picture, we can imagine things greater than it already is.

Okay, do you know who is Hans Zimmer?? Well, I think your guess is right. He is the one that makes it all happened in the movie. 

Meet Hans Florian Zimmer he is a film score composer and a record producer. He is born on 12 September 1957 in Frankfurt, West Germany. He has composed music for more than 150 films including The Lion King, for which he won the Academy Award for Best Original Score in 1995, the Pirates of the Caribbean series, The Thin Red LineGladiatorThe Last Samurai, and The Dark Knight Trilogy.

In his early life, he was thrown out from 8 schools but he had piano lessons for 2 weeks and after that, he joined a band. He was self-taught. His mother is very musical and his father is an engineer. Can you guess what happened when technologies met music?? Yup. it creates synthesizer.

Zimmer began his career playing keyboards and synthesizers in the 1970s, with the band Krakatoa. His turning point in his career occurred with the 1988 film Rain Man. Rain Man is like a road movie. The main character, Raymond, doesn't really know where he is so he made a new world of music that doesn't exist but he still keeps the music from being bigger than the character. Zimmer's score for Rain Man is nominated for an Academy Award in 1989, and the film won four Academy Awards including Best Picture.

In 1994 Zimmer scored The Lion King film by Walt Disney Animation. It was his first time to score an Animated Film. So he researched for his music in South Africa and he cooperates with Lebo M. to make the music. The Lion King won numerous awards for Zimmer's work including an Academy Awards for Best Original Score, a Golden Globe, and two Grammys.

And my own Zimmer's favorite work, The Interstellar movie. I can feel a lot of feelings in the music. Happy, sad, angry, confused, excited and madness. I like when Copper step into the other world the music gradually began to play quietly to loudly with insane beat. I love it and I want more of it. And the story of this film is a little bit touchy because when Copper met again with his daughter, Her daughter is already older than Copper is. And it must be very sad to leave your own daughter and son for a very long time. But in his journey, we can learn so many things in life and with Zimmer scoring it makes everything feels so perfect.

Zimmer has received so many honors and awards, including the Lifetime Achievement Award in Film Composition from the National Board of Review, the Frederick Loewe Award in 2003 and many more. In December 2010, Zimmer received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. It IS really amazing. Not all people could get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame unless you're a big shot for something. There are so many awards for Zimmer that I found on the Internet
                            Academy Awards
·                             1995: The Lion King (Best Original Score)
                           Golden Globe Awards
                     ·       1995: The Lion King
                     ·       2001: Gladiator (shared with Lisa Gerrard)
                           Grammy Awards
                            ·       1995: The Lion King (Best Instrumental Arrangement With                                           Accompanying Vocals)
                            ·       1995: The Lion King (Best Musical Album For Children)
                            ·       1996: Crimson Tide
                            ·       2009: The Dark Knight (shared with James Newton Howard)
                           Satellite Award
                             ·       1998: The Thin Red Line
                             ·       2001: Gladiator
                             ·       2003: The Last Samurai
                             ·       2011: Inception
                           Saturn Awards
                             ·       2009: The Dark Knight (shared with James Newton Howard)
                             ·       2011: Inception
                             ·       2014: Interstellar
Classical BRIT Awards
·       2008: The Dark Knight (shared with James Newton Howard)
·       2013: Best Composer of the Year (for The Dark Knight Rises and Man of Steel)
·       2013: Outstanding Contribution to Music in association with Raymond Weil
WAFCA Awards
·       2011: Inception
·       2013: 12 Years a Slave
BFCA Awards
·       2000: Gladiator
DFWFCA Awards
·       2014: Interstellar
World Soundtrack Awards
·       2011: Inception
Stephen Hawking Medal
·       2016: Interstellar

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Goal 4 Equality in education

Heya today I'm going to post an art made by me and my friend Adila. It's actually a mind map from this link  https://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/education/  I hope you're interested in our art and open the link ;) Enjoy!!

Axolotl The Master of Regeneration

Hey there. Now in this post, I'm going to write all about the animal I really admire, axolotl. The Scientific Classification for Axolotl is Kingdom: Animalia Phylum: Chordata Class: Amphibia Order: Urodela Family: Ambystomatidae Genus: Ambystoma Species: A. mexicanum The axolotl is a medium-sized amphibian that is only found in one complex of lakes that are close to Mexico City in south-central Mexico. The axolotl is today kept as a popular freshwater aquarium pet all around the world. The axolotl is most commonly found in albino form as they spend a great deal of their lives hiding under rocks and in crevices on the bottom of the lake. Although axolotls are generally white or pink in color, black, grey and brown coloured axolotls can also be found. The axolotl is a carnivorous animal meaning that the axolotl has a purely meat-based diet. The axolotl eats worms and insect larvae that develop under the surface of the water along with molluscs, cru

All About Me

Hello!! My name is Putri Karima Bestari. You can call me Karima.  I was born in Bandung, Indonesia, 16 April 2002. I am a High School student in 3 National High School in Bandung. My Hobby is listening and playing to music. I like red color. My favorite food is Sushi. I really like Asian cuisine. They make their food with so many rich flavors. Now I live in Bandung with my parents and my elder sister. I really like music, especially classical music. I play violin since I was in the first grade. But it was just for therapy because I had some kind of disorder when I was little, but now I'm fine and well. One of my dreams is to be a fine violinist.  My father and My mother are a geologist. They are so clever and really really good in their studies. I really want to be like them, to follow their footsteps and surpass them. I want to study in ITB (Institute Technology Bandung). ITB is the most popular and the best University in Bandung. And I want to get a scholarship